Monday, February 14, 2011

Next Step

When Perry asked yesterday at NewSpring, what is the next step you need to take, I took time to thank God for allowing me to take my next step recently.

I had been praying periodically for God to give me new or more opportunities to serve. As I talked to people at church on Sundays I had opportunities to tell what God has done and is doing in my life. That led to me getting a phone call to go to lunch with a staff member. Then our conversation that day led to an offer to come to the church on a weekly basis as a volunteer to speak one on one with women who are struggling in their relationship with Christ or their children or their spouse. This leads to conversations about salvation and how to handle money and so many other things.

When I got the email asking would I be interested, I immediately said yes. Because I had already been praying for God to give me opportunities, I knew He was putting this before me. But then I had to admit my inability to do it and ask Him to put His words in my mouth. I also had to ask Him to help me have patience with those who are struggling, to remember my own times of doubt and times of slipping in and out of sinful behavior.

Delayed obedience is disobedience so when God puts a next step in front of me, I should just do it. No more praying, no more dilly-dallying. A simple Yes, Lord, is all He wants to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment