Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Opportunities

I am so excited about a couple of new opportunities that have come my way recently. I have just started volunteering every Tuesday to assist Adrienne with Care Team follow-ups through phone calls and emails, as well as appointments with women at the NewSpring offices. Reaching out to those who are hurting and/or are far from God will be a challenge. Especially those who think they are "saved" but cannot give a clear, appropriate Jesus) salvation story. I hope to be able to help them take the necessary steps to be absolutely sure they have a personal relationship with God and then encourage them to surrender everything to Him.

Although the assisting Adrienne was not on my list of things to do, I did approach Kevin about doing a monthly communication with the Production Team...a short, newsy email with birthdays and new team members and simple reminders. Sent the first one this morning and have already received positive feedback. As the only woman (got 2 in the wings, maybe) and definitely the oldest person on the team I think I am the appropriate person to be the nurturer of the team. This is something I think we have been missing as a team.

The only thing I think negatively about all this is how will the enemy ramp up his interest in me. Maybe he'll just leave me alone but that may not be the case. Prayer, prayer and more prayer will keep him in check. "...for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4  "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

Thank You, Jesus, for answering my prayer to use me for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment