Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fear of Death

I've been reading about several instances where Jesus raised people from the dead...a young girl, Lazarus, the only son of a widow. And then there is Jesus own miraculous resurrection.

So many people fear death. Even people who are followers of Christ. Why?? Because we don't REALLY know what happens - or at least what it is like. I guess we do know what happens. The Bible says the angels usher us into the presence of God to be seated at His feast table, to live forever in His presence in Heaven where there is no sadness, no grief, no tears, no sorrow. How can we fear that?

Maybe the fear is missing out on something - the kids, or grandkids, growing up; enjoying retirement years; leaving a beloved spouse. If I pray for my family and commit them to God, He can care for them better than I ever could. Maybe it's a fear of being forgotten. But what does it matter. If no one remembers my name 5 years after I'm gone, so what. If God remembers my name because I am in His Lamb's Book of Life, that is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment