Thursday, May 7, 2009

Let Them Thank the Lord

"Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul and the hungry soul He fills with good things." Psalm 107:8-9.

One of the things I've learned is that NOTHING satisfies like Jesus. Not my stuff, not my family or friends, not my job, not my money, not a vacation. All this is good but I can't find anything to satisfy my SOUL in them. And it is my soul that remains empty without Jesus.

It is only because of the steadfast love of God, that Jesus lives in my heart. God sent His only Son to pay the price for my sins; to be punished in my place. John 3:16, Romans 5:8. Then God sent His Spirit to convict me of my need for this Savior. John 16:7-8

His grace pulled me from the pit of destruction and set me on the path of eternal life - filled with joy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment