Monday, May 25, 2009

Second Guessing God

Often I try to second guess God. I have a tendency to want to know where I am going, what I will be doing and how it's all going to work out. But I have found over the years that is a very unproductive line of thought.

God gives us His plans day by day. Yes, I am to plan for the future but I am also to be willing to change my plans when God intervenes. Sometimes I am right on in my plans and the direction I am going. Sometime I am not.

When I follow God's plan and LISTEN to Him - sooner rather than later - I find that He will lead me into some amazing areas. It 's not always easy to change direction, to give up the familiar or comfortable or safe, but God will overwhelm me with His love and blessing if I am just obedient.

I'm so glad that He never gives up on me and keeps tugging at me and leading me to new revelations of Himself. Too often I think I have God all figured out and then He does something so unexpected I can't do anything but stand in awe of Him and just weep tears of joy that He WANTS me to be part of what He is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment