Sunday, May 3, 2009

WOW!!

Today I do not have a serving responsibility at church. On these Sundays I go to church at 6 PM so that I can enjoy a day of rest. Because we have an online church, I decided to watch NewSpring's 11:15 AM service.

All I can say is WOW! The music was incredible. During the offertory song, an old hymn, I was so stirred by all that Jesus has done for me.

Clayton King, the teaching pastor at NewSpring, who was preaching today, felt the presence of God in a BIG way. So big in fact that he gave an invitation BEFORE he preached! I don't know how many went forward to seek repentance as a first time believer or a prodigal coming home, to break addictions, or heal marriages, or to break the bonds of any sin that weighs us down but there were many. Doesn't matter if it had only been one...Jesus died for EACH ONE of us, separately, individually, knowing me - ME - by name when He hung on the cross.

My God, I am overwhelmed that You love me that much; that You forgive me that much. Help me always to walk in Your ways; to listen to Your voice; to seek to please only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment