Sunday, March 27, 2011

Generational God

Brad Cooper preached today at NewSpring as we continued the Upgrade series. He talked about God working in each generation and how important it is for us as the church to invest in the next generation through children's and youth ministries.

God didn't just work in Abraham's life, but in the lives of Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Samuel, David, Solomon. Jesus' genealogy shows how God works throughout time to accomplish His plan. But God is still working in our generation and expecting us to pass down what He has taught us.

As I sat there with my son and my grandson, I was so very aware of God's work in the generations of my family. Although my son gave his heart to Jesus early in life, he followed in my footsteps of rebellion and spent many years doing his own thing. But God did not let him go; God kept pursuing him - and his wife. God opened their hearts to want to be part of the things of God through the local church.

My grandson began attending FUSE at the beginning of this school year as a 6th grader. He gave his heart to Jesus soon after and was baptized last fall. He has now been to Ownership Class to become a member of NewSpring and will start volunteering soon. My granddaughter is in KidSpring. She loves reading her Bible and learning her memory verse and she is just 6 years old. They both WANT to come to church each week because they not only learn about Jesus, they have fun.

Thank you, NewSpring, for investing in the lives of children and youth. Thank you, NewSpring, for being a church where people are not expected to "clean up" their act before they come. Thank you, NewSpring, for faithfully proclaiming the Gospel. Thank you, NewSpring, for having messages every Sunday about Jesus and how I can live my life successfully day by day by reading my Bible and doing what it says. Thank you, Jesus, for sending me to NewSpring 3 years ago...it has changed all our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment