Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Am Humbled

I am humbled to be used by God in ways that I would never have imagined at one point in my life. God is so forgiving, so patient, so loving, so kind, so generous, so faithful to me over and over and over.

I am humbled that He would lead me to the greatest church in America, NewSpring Community Church, in Anderson SC of all places to sit under the teaching of one of the greatest preachers in America, Perry Noble. I am humbled that He would allow me to be part of the launch team 3 years ago for the first satellite campus of NewSpring located in Greenville SC. I look forward with great anticipation at how God is going to allow me to serve when a satellite campus actually comes to my home city.

To think there was a time when I was an enemy of God but now I get to serve Him, His Church-the body of Christ, and those who are still enemies of God. Today I had the privilege of leading two people in a prayer of repentance and forgiveness as they asked Jesus into their hearts.

The time I spend at the Greenville church offices each Tuesday really keeps me on my spiritual toes. I never know what questions will come my way or what situations I will need to address. There are so many hurting people in our community. To think God would allow me to have the opportunity to speak His truth into their lives is almost more than I can absorb at times. This means I actively seeking God day by day to be prepared for the task at hand. Words of encouragement from me are good but coupled with the words of God makes them better.

Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul and allowing me to serve You by serving people around me. What a great God You are to take a God hater/world lover like me and to make me useful to You.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment