Friday, March 18, 2011

Great Delight

"The Lord your God is with you, He is might to save. He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

There is nothing that I need to remember more when it seems life is going against me, when waves of doubt assail me, when troubles seem to pile up on top of each other, God is mighty to save.

He has saved me to the uttermost by drawing me to His Son, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 7:25) which means I will live forever - even though my body will die.

To know that the Creator of all things knows me personally and takes great delight in me makes that person who doesn't like me or treat me well, pale by comparison. Why did I even let it get under my skin? GOD delights in me even if THAT person does not.

God delights in me...I give Him pleasure. And not just delight but GREAT delight so that would be GREAT pleasure. WOW! How amazing is that!

Not only will He take great delight in me, He rejoices over me with singing. This reminds me of a mother who sings over her child to help calm the restlessness that often comes at bedtime. When I am restless, He will joyfully sing over me so that I am quieted with His love.

I also think of all the "singing" God created in the world and consider how beautiful His singing is; the birds with all their variety of song, and whales and dolphins and wolves and prairie dogs and the purring of a cat and ocean waves and wind in the trees and a bubbling brook or cascading waterfall. He made so much variety and beauty but rejoices over me, delights in me, calls me His child.

Now the question is do I take great delight in God? Do I look forward to spending time with Him? Do I worship Him and Him alone? My answer would have to be most of the time. I'm a frail human and find that I am not 100% with God all day, every day. I pray that more and more the events of life would drive me to Him and never away.

No comments:

Post a Comment