Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unleash Is Just Days Away

Wow, I can hardly believe it is time for Unleash again. It's going to be a GREAT day! How do I know? Because every year it gets better and better.

There are 3100 people coming from all over the world for this one day conference. I met a young man, a musician, on Monday at the Anderson Campus who has come to the US from Perth, Australia just for this conference. This is his first trip to the US so he did go to Chicago and to Memphis before descending on the Anderson metropolis, population 25,500. Perry also mentioned Sunday that a church planter from England and one from Estonia will be coming. In past years working as a greeter in the parking lots I have met people from just about every state who come to be equipped to follow hard after God and do what He tells them to do - not to do church like we do but to be obedient to whatever God is leading THEM to do.

Monday I worked all day preparing for Unleash. I was one of about 15 volunteers, from college freshmen to late 60s, men and women, black and white, putting together conference packets for attenders and vendors. We also unloaded a bunch of snacks and bottled water to sustain these 3100 people during their two breaks.

There were lots of people today and will be again Wednesday as over 3700 bag lunches are assembled and tents are erected and chairs and tables are moved and coolers filled with ice, sodas and water, fruit is unboxed and so much more as we prepare for our guests. What great fun getting ready is!!

This year for the first time I will be part of the Unleash production team on Thursday. Although production is where I serve on Sunday, I have never been invited to serve on the Unleash team. What I will be doing will assist the band and speakers in the main auditorium and will not be seen by any of the 3100 people or 600 volunteers that will be there. Maybe 12 people will know what I am doing but what an honor it is! Because what I am doing will be broken up into segments, I will still get to interact with the attenders during lunch. It's going to be a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment