Friday, July 29, 2011

Core Values

For the last two days I've been thinking a lot about NewSpring's core values and how I measure up personally. This is not brag about Nancy time but just an assessment of what God is doing in and through my life. This one is really just for me.

1. Growing people change - I read and study God's word daily. As I think about the launch of the Spartanburg campus, I see "stretch me" time; do things not done before. Change seems harder to recognize the longer I walk with Jesus.

2. I can't do life alone - in a small group and actively involved with my family and the teams I serve on at church. I could easily be a hermit and sit in a chair and read all day long. Perfectly content to be with me and my cat and a book.

3. Saved people serve people - take my grandson to Greenville each week for FUSE; serve on 3 teams through the church, volunteer with Mobile Meals. Content to be a background person; taking out the trash works for me. How does that tie in with my desire to be a hermit?

4. I can't out give God - at least a tithe is a firm discipline of mine as is giving generously to others as God provides direction and resources. Saving is great but hoarding is a sin.

5. Found people find people - always inviting; praying that the Spartanburg campus will get positive response from those I invite. Be bold and don't worry about the response, just keep inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment