Thursday, July 28, 2011

Gauntlet 2011

It is Thursday morning, day 4 of Gauntlet 2011, and I continue to be involved with the Gauntlet from afar. My grandson, Nate, is on his first Gauntlet trip and I can not wait to hear, first hand, what God has done in his life.

I am so thankful for all the technology - twitter and vimeo and iphones and instagrams - that gives me an ongoing glimpse of all God is doing in Daytona Beach. Many prayers have been answered so far with about 125 kids saying yes to Jesus. Around 287 were baptized this morning in the cold waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Hopefully one of then was one of Nate's roomies, Chad, who surrendered his life to Jesus 2 or 3 weeks ago at FUSE.

In addition to the salvations, many kids are confessing sins and letting go of idols in their lives. I am blown away again and again by those who lead the youth at NewSpring Church. They don't mince any words, don't sugar coat the Gospel but at the same time have great fun together. (Nate is on the right in the "Second Chance" t-shirt.)


Jesus said, "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." John 12:32 Jesus was speaking of His death, burial and resurrection and today, thousands of years later, when the truth of Jesus Christ is spoken boldly, HE draws people to Himself. Heaven will be more crowded because students went to the Gauntlet, met Jesus, and their lives are forever changed. Thank You, Jesus, for being "the same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment