Friday, July 22, 2011

I Am Not Worthy

"I am not worthy of the least of all the deeds of steadfast love and all the faithfulness that You have shown to Your servant..." Genesis 32:10

When I read Jacob's words this morning, I was reminded once again of God's great, great love for me. He didn't have to save me. He didn't have to take my heart of stone and exchange it for a heart of flesh. He didn't have to cast my sins away. He didn't have to give me hope and a future. He didn't have to provide for my needs. He didn't have to draw me back when I wandered away.

He didn't HAVE to do anything on my behalf but He did. I am overwhelmed and in awe of God's great love for me expressed in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus left all the splendor of Heaven to become like me so that I could know Him and know the Father.

I am just dust - but dust that God used to create a person He cherishes. I don't know whether to leap for joy or fall on my face in worship. Well, really, both are completely appropriate and necessary to express my love and gratitude to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment