Thursday, May 26, 2011

FSKO 2011

My grandson got to go to his first FUSE Summer Kick Off on Wednesday night as part of the NewSpring student ministries. He is so pumped to be part of all that is happening there. This year was even bigger and better than last year!

More than 3100 students showed up - regular attenders and their friends - across 4 campuses and 469 of those were in Greenville. In all the fun and games and give aways, the message is always Jesus. NewSpring ALWAYS preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Why else would anyone do anything through the church? Fun and games can be had in lots of places but only the Church has the message of Life. And new life was in abundance. Dan Lian preached from the prodigal son on God's love for us. One thing he said that stuck with me was if you could cut God's arm, He would bleed love. The visual I got was the spear piercing Jesus side as He hung on the cross and blood and water flowing out. "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."

I haven't seen the final numbers on salvations but I know it will be high. God is doing a mighty work in the lives of students all around South Carolina. I am so glad I am part of a church that places a high value on the next generation. If every kid that attends is impacted like my grandson, God will use the next generation in ways we can't even imagine now! And most exciting for me is to see what He does in the life of my grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment