Saturday, May 21, 2011

Where Is Your God?

All of us at some time have asked where are You, God. We have been in the midst of a crisis and need God to show up RIGHT NOW! But God doesn't work on our timetable nor does He see things the way we see them.

It's at times of crisis that we often fail to remember, or maybe believe, that God said He would never leave us. Our problem at such times is that we know what we want the outcome to be. We know what we want God to do. We know when we want God to do it.

Often we will turn away from God, but He is trying to draw us to Him. We get disappointed in God when He doesn't meet our demands or respond to our pleas for help. We think He's unfair or distant or uncaring but perhaps He is asking us to confess sin or to trust Him completely or to just let go of something.

In Psalm 42 we see a lament - "My tears have been my food day and night while they say to me all the day long, 'Where is your God?'" and "As with a deadly wound in my bones, my adversaries taunt me, while they say to me all the day long, 'Where is you God?" 

The thing I like so much about the Psalms is they don't stay in the lament. In both Psalm 42 & 43, we read "Why are you cast down, O my soul; and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God."

Where is your God? He is right where He's always been saying to His children, "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment