Thursday, May 5, 2011

If You Are Not Firm in Faith...

...you will not be firm at all. (Isaiah 7:9)

Just prior to this statement by God through the prophet Isaiah to King Ahaz of Judah, the "heart of Ahaz and the heart of his people shook as the trees of the forest shake before the wind" (vs.2) because they learned that Ephraim and Syria were in league against them and planning to overtake Judah. But God said it's not going to happen.

But sometimes stuff does happen, my heart does shake, I do have fear. The job loss, the illness, the move, the betrayal, the divorce. God still says if you are not firm in faith you will not be firm at all. Do I only believe God is active in my life when all is going according to MY plan? Do I have the faith to believe God is in control when my world is out of control?

Some might say but I don't have a prophet, an Isaiah, to tell me what God says. What I have is even better! I have Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Bible. Do I know what they say? Do I believe what they say?

"The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." (Psalm 9:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment