Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Made Alive with Christ

"You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross." Colossians 2:13-14 (NLT)

Those verses just absolutely overwhelm me. I can hardly read them without tears of joy at all God did for me through Christ Jesus.

No one, NO ONE, deserves salvation. Not the best of us or the worst of us. We all deserve the wrath of God, eternal punishment and eternal separation from God because of our sins.

Yet He loves us...no, He loves ME! Personally. He knows me as Nancy. He knows where I live and work and volunteer. He knows when I praise Him and when I ignore Him. He knows when I have a heart full of love and when my heart is hard.

He saw me when I was dead in my sins and loved me...2000 years before I was born, He loved me. Before the beginning of time He loved me. And He sent His son to die for me, for ME. I am overwhelmed by His love. And His forgiveness.

And not only the sins, but the sinful nature in me that drives me to sin, He took that out of my life and replaced it with His Spirit so I can be alive in Christ Jesus. No one knows what it means to truly live until they have surrendered to the death of their own life and taken up the life of Christ. All because of what He did on the cross. God nailed my sins to the cross. Jesus Christ bore the penalty on HIS body - so I wouldn't have to, so that God would cancel the record of charges against me.

But not just me, "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son..." Every person has the opportunity to know the love of God, to live a life made alive by Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment