Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nate's Best FUSE Ever

When Nate got in the car on Wednesday night after FUSE, he said this was the best night ever! I said so tell me what made it so great. And he said...I got to lead my small group!

Now Nate is 11 years old. I know lots of adults who would not think being asked on the spur of the moment to lead the group of 10 or so with the regular leaders sitting around listening something to be excited about. LOTS of people would be so intimidated they might never come back. Not Nate. He was ecstatic!

And this Grandma? I was thanking Jesus as Nate told me all about it. Thanking Jesus for the work He is doing in Nate's life. Thanking Jesus for his small group leaders who see potential in him. Thanking Jesus that Nate found it exciting and wants to do it again.

Next Wednesday, he will be representing the 6th grade in reciting from memory Psalm 23. This will be in the main ballroom at CFC and they are encouraging the kids to invite lots of friends. The leadership is praying for 400-500 students to come.

I can hardly contain my excitement as I think about where this might lead Nate in the future. Now that I think about it, it was MY best FUSE ever too!

No comments:

Post a Comment