Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall on Your Face

I have often heard people say when I get to Heaven I'm going to tell God a thing or two. Or I'm going to ask Him why this happened or that happened. I say - no you won't.

My first knee-jerk response is that if your attitude toward the Lord God Almighty, Creator of all things, the only wise God is so demanding of your rights and so much in disregard of His power and His right to do as He pleases, you may not get to Heaven at all.

When Ezekiel had his vision of the 4 living creatures and the wheels, he stood in wonder and amazement at what he saw. Ezekiel then describes what he calls the "likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it I fell on my face." (Ezekiel 1:22-28). We see it again in Ezekiel 3:23 as well as Revelation 7:11 and 11:16.

Paul tells Timothy that God dwells in "unapproachable light". (1 Timothy 6:15-16) God owes us nothing except damnation. But in His great love He has made a way for us to approach Him through His Son Jesus Christ. I am overwhelmed by that. 

Rather than demanding an audience to voice my grievances, I want to fall with my face to the floor in humble submission and gratitude that He chose me to be part of His family. I don't understand why things happen or don't happen as they do and so I will be the first to admit that I am not God. I don't need my questions answered because I know that God does no wrong. And there are some things I just won't understand this side of eternity.(1 Corinthians 13:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment