Monday, August 1, 2011

It Is Impossible for God to Lie

God provided the Bible for us so that we could know more about Him and His interaction with mankind. The Bible is full of stories of God's faithfulness, His love, His provision, His salvation.

When we read of God's purposes and His actions on our behalf and fail to believe it, we, in essence, call God a liar. But the writer of Hebrews tells us in Hebrews 6:18 that "it is impossible for God to lie." Of course we see this in the Bible long before this letter was written.

We see it through out the Old Testament as God sends His word through the prophets. God speaks of salvation and judgement, birth and death, prosperity and famine. He names names and places and times and events and they all happen just as He said.

In New Testament times the people who encountered Jesus called Him Rabbi or teacher or prophet. But Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6) Not one truth or some truth but THE truth. Something is either true or it's not. Jesus said I AM the truth. So, do I believe what He says or do I call Him a liar? And if I believe what He says, do I live it? Do I proclaim it?

No comments:

Post a Comment