Monday, August 22, 2011

What Now

Yesterday was a huge day at NewSpring. For weeks we have been encouraged to invite our friends to church on August 21. So August 21 finally came and we had around 18,000 people attend one of our 14 services in 5 locations through out South Carolina. We saw 490 people cross over from death to life by surrendering their hearts and their lives to Jesus. To commemorate the day of their spiritual birth, we put a hospital bracelet on each person's arm with "DOB 8/21/11" and the scripture Perry emphasized John 3:3.

They also were given a Bible and a Bible reading plan plus some other information. We got their pertinent details so we can follow up with them. We want to be sure they are baptized. We want to get them involved in a small group to be discipled in their new faith. We want them to becomes owners of NewSpring. We want them to continue to walk in the victory that is theirs through the cross of Christ.

But this morning as I was thinking about yesterday and praying for these who made decisions, I wondered how many would leave the hospital bracelet on to wear to school or work today. Would each boldly proclaim on Monday what Jesus did in their life on Sunday? It also made me think about my responsibility to them. I will contact some of the 86 from the Greenville campus who surrendered to Christ, to talk about next steps and to encourage them.

Beyond this, though, I should also boldly proclaim what Jesus is doing in my life right now as well as how He rescued me from death and a meaningless life to live an abundantly joyful life because of His great love and sacrifice, knowing that I will spend all eternity in the presence of Jesus. Jesus is always at work around me. If He is not doing something in my life now, I certainly can not pour into the lives of others. I must make time to seek God in the Bible and in prayer so that I might see Him in my circumstances, my family, my friends so I can proclaim His love and faithfulness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment