Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kenya

My pastor and a team of 5 staff members from NewSpring Church recently went to Kenya for 10 days to begin the process of partnership between our church and a community (or communities) in Kenya. He hasn't told us the details yet, but I want to be part of a team at some point.

Missions is not just overseas though. Mission opportunities are all around us. That's one thing I really haven't been involved in lately. I USED to help with Mobile Meals and the Soup Kitchen and a Bible club for kids in a government housing project and Christmas in Action. Not doing any of those things now. I really need to start doing SOMETHING!

That's become a current prayer request...for God to show me how to use my time wisely so I can once again add some things that are bigger than me and helpful to those who perhaps can not help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment