Monday, February 16, 2009

How Great Is My God

What is God doing in my life, right now? Sometimes I don't think God is doing anything because nothing spectacular is happening. It grieves me sometimes that I don't find every day spectacular. What is God doing? I wake up in the morning with a roof over my head, food in the fridge, lights with a flip of a switch, heat when it's cold, a/c when it's hot, a washer and dryer, a stove, a shower, a toilet. There are people all over the world, even in America, who would consider it a miracle to have what I have.

Besides all the stuff, I am reasonably healthy...I take a multi-vitamin but no medications. That in itself is pretty spectacular for a 60 year old woman. I have a son and daughter in law who live nearby and 2 grandchildren who are spectacular in their own ways. I have a job, and a car and money to put gas in it. I participate in the greatest church around these parts. I have friends in my home group and my volunteer teams at church and at work.

When I drive home from work in the evenings, I sometimes see the most beautiful sunsets where the sky is orange and yellow and blue-black. I hear the birds in the morning outside my kitchen window. I see bunnies hopping across the back yard. On top of all that, He allows me opportunities to speak His name and His love and His goodness and His salvation into the lives of people I meet.

I am blessed beyond measure! God fills my life with love and joy, peace and contentment, laughter and song. Sounds like maybe I've never shed any tears or felt any hurt or disappointment. Not true at all. I'm twice divorced, had a full term baby still born, had cancer, closed a family business, been fired from a job, my dad, mom and brother all died within a period of 18 months, had more bad relationships than anyone should have, lived in the pit of hell for 17 years. But...my God is greater than all my sins, He is greater than all my problems. He is the God of 2nd chances. He longs for me to rest in His arms. He wants me to know how much He loves me and cares for me and will provide for me. How great is my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment