Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a Week

This has been one of the longest, hardest weeks I've had in some time. I worked late every night this week at my job. That and some other things has just left me tired!

Maybe I'm ready for some time off. I changed jobs late in 2007 and I didn't qualify for much vacation in 2008. Several of the days I did take off were spent volunteering. I don't consider myself a workaholic but I do believe I am accountable to God for how I use my time on the clock for my employer. I work till the work gets done (I'm salaried so I'm not costing my boss overtime). Lately, there has just been more work than I can do in the allotted hours. Is that job security in tough economic times? We do have a new part time person starting Monday. YEA!

There was a news story today about Blue Zones where people live much longer than normal. There were places in Costa Rica, Italy, Japan and California were people regularly live into their 100's. I want to be one of those people. Besides lots of walking and gardening and biking and wood chopping (all that adds up to exercise which I don't get enough of), they laugh a lot. I don't want to get so bogged down in work or responsibilities that I forget - or get too tired - to laugh. The Bible says a cheerful heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22). That's the only medicine I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment