Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daily

As I listened to Perry today about my plans for me vs God's plans for me, I thought about how I often want God to give me the long range plans so I will know how something is going to turn out. That means I don't really believe God has GOOD plans for me or that He will provide what I need along the way.

In the model prayer, one of the things Jesus taught the disciples to pray was "give us this day our DAILY bread".  Not this week's or this month's or this year's - but today's bread.

Psalm 68:19 says "Blessed be the Lord, who DAILY bears us up; God is our salvation."

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning [DAILY]; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

If God is going to be there for me on a daily basis, I need to be sure I connect with Him on a daily basis. I must not neglect my time in the Bible, in prayer, in worship. That should be a priority of my day, every day.

As Perry said today, God wants my joy. Surrendering everything - every fear, every hope, every plan, every need, every relationship - to Him is the surest way to real joy. Joy that is internal and not based on my circumstance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment