Friday, June 4, 2010

Test My Heart

The shepherd boy, David, already had a heart for God long before he became King David and wrote all the great Psalms. It is because David HAD a heart for God that he became King.

When I read Psalm 26:2 my first thought was that's a risky thing to ask God to do. One Psalm over David says, "My heart says to You, Your face, Lord, do I seek."  And then in the next Psalm he says, "...my heart trusts in [God]...my heart leaps for joy..." David knew how is heart was devoted to God.

Even as a Christ follower with the Holy Spirit residing in my heart, I can still have pockets of fear or doubt or hatred or greed or pride - all sorts of things that show my heart is not fully devoted to God. But God DOES test my heart whether I ask Him to or not. "If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your HEART that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9 Before I can even claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, God has tested my heart to see if I believe.

Test my heart, Lord. Show me if there is anything in me that does not bring glory to Your name, any hidden corner of my heart, sin that I might harbor, that I'm trying to hide from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment