Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yet You Are Holy

Psalm 22 was written by David. This is a personal cry of anguish, yet prophetic of the suffering of Christ.  I don't know what David was going through when he cried, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" David wants relief from his suffering but it doesn't seem to be forth coming.

However, immediately after his "where are You" questions, David says, "Yet You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel."

Often in my life, I have assumed because God didn't rescue me from whatever or "come through" for me that God was not able or had deserted me or didn't care or I wasn't worthy of an answer. Too often when I didn't get what I wanted from God, I have turned my back on Him. Like I think God is there to do MY bidding.

I want to have the faith, the strength to say yet You are holy - even when I don't perceive God to be near or working on my behalf. I want God to open my heart and mind to what I may need to learn through whatever is going on. I want God to convict me of sin if that is the case. I can be awfully disobedient and unrepentant yet expect God to jump through my hoops. I want to believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. I want to praise His name, just because He is worthy to be praised, not because He responds to my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment