Thursday, June 24, 2010

Restore Us

Our country is sorely in need of revival from God. His Church in America is sorely in need of revival. We - the American Church - are like the church at Laodicea that received a rebuke from Jesus for being lukewarm and self-satisfied.

Verses 3, 7, 19 of Psalm 80 are my prayer today for the Church. I like the way the Psalmist expands his view of God in these verses - from God to God Almighty to LORD God Almighty.

But of course the Church is people so that means me! I need a fresh, expanded view of God, a renewed fervor, a new sense of God's purpose in me. So this prayer is not just for the Church "out there" but for the life of God's Son "in here", in me...restore us, O LORD God Almighty! Let Your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment