Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Am I Real with God?

I'm reading the Psalms each day. One of the things that I like about David's songs to the Lord is just how real David is. When he feels abandoned, he asks God where are you. When he's in the midst of hard times, he asks God to intervene. When his enemies attack him, verbally or physically, he calls on God to deal with them.

But the thing David does most is praise God for who He is, for what He has done, for what He will do. David really seems to KNOW God, not just know about God. He teaches me a lot about worship. He trusts God with all that he has.

I think a lot of times we put on a false face to the world 'cause we don't want anyone to know if we are hurting or scared or angry or doing things we ought not to. I think we've been taught to "be nice" so we won't even open up to God - who already knows what's going on in our hearts and minds. I think that is why David had such a great relationship with God; why God called him "a man after My own heart." David was willing to be real with God and in turn, God became very real to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment