Sunday, April 26, 2009

Countdown to Kenya

It's not long until we leave for Kenya. I stand in awe of a God who would entrust me with the responsibility of being on the lead team for our church and foreign missions. I am overwhelmed at the prospect of all God is going to do through me and for me on this trip. The trip won't be easy for a lot of reasons but our God is already preparing me and the other people on the trip as well as the people in Kenya that we are going to serve.

Right now, I have no idea what any of us will be doing but it doesn't matter. Just to know that God can use me to further His kingdom in this way is almost incomprehensible to me. One of the things I said when I learned there were 100's of applications was that I want to be sure I am going because God wants me to go - not just because I want to go.

So thank You, God, for continually drawing me into Your presence over the years to prepare me for this time. Let everything I/we do, everything I/we say come from Your heart and Your lips all to bring glory to Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment