Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Is Here

Well, maybe not. Just a few days ago, on Saturday, it was 70 degrees. A tad breezy but a great day to be out working in the yard. Today it is cold again...feels like winter.

Bella and I went out around 9:30 Saturday morning; Nathan was still sleeping. She didn't have any long pants or a sweater so I put her in the car with her baby Jaguar (a stuffed toy - from the Dora cartoon). I pulled the car up to where I was and of course I took the keys out. So she played happily, feeding, changing diapers and all the little girl stuff little girls do.

I had started weeding the flower beds Friday evening while the kids rode skateboards and played. On Saturday morning, while Bella was pretending to be mommy, I took up where I left off. Bella wanted to help Friday evening but she didn't want to get the damp earth under her fingernails or hold the worms we uncovered. So she bowed out of the Saturday morning weeding until I started moving mulch. Then she decided she would help and started filling empty plastic flower pots. I'm not sure how much she wanted to help but I do know she enjoyed the "digging" to scoop up the mulch into the pots.

But spring will return. I guess Spring is here whether the temperatures feels like it or not. The azaleas and dogwoods and other early bloomers are just spectacular now. I love this time of year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment