Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So What?!

I don't watch TV on a regular basis; usually only when the grandkids are here. Most of the time my TV is not only not on, it is unplugged, so I don't hear a lot of the news. I do peruse Google news every day or 2 but I find that I don't really care about the news.

Is that weird? I pray about issues that I believe need to change - like gay marriage. I don't like the fact that states are rapidly giving same sex couples the right to "marry" and call themselves a family so I pray that God will intervene; not in the laws of the land but in the hearts of the people. No amount of arguing or saying how wrong something is or calling people names or passing laws or repealing laws will ever change anyone's heart. If a person is so steeped in sin that he/she believes it's OK to be involved in ANY sin - sexual sins of all descriptions, abortion, drugs, murder, theft, gossip, hatred, lying, cheating, stealing - whatever - the only thing that will change 'em is Jesus.

So I don't get all bent out of shape over the news. I don't worry about the economy or terrorists or swine flu. There are so many things that I just can not change or do anything about so I let them go after they pass through my brain as something to be aware of. I may even discuss them with others but, at the end of the day, I don't let them take up residence in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment