Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Earnestly Searching

I've been reading through the Psalms. It always takes so much longer to read them than other books of the Bible because they are so thought provoking. EVERY Psalm has verses that declare the glory of God or the strength or help or provision or faithfulness of God. I can't just read over them without pondering who God is and my relationship with Him.

One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 63:1-8. When I read this several days ago, it struck me again that I need a deep longing for God. IF He is my God, and He is, then I SHOULD earnestly seek Him. I should desire Him more than anything. I should recognize Him when I see Him work in my life and the lives of those around me.

Am I too busy to notice? Do I think I don't really need Him unless things begin to go wrong? Do I take Him for granted - knowing He's always there but kind of ignoring Him most of the time? I don't want that to be the defining line of my relationship with God. If that is the way it is, it's not much of a relationship. 1 O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. You are the living water that satisfies my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment