Sunday, April 12, 2009

God's Love Overwhelms Me

What a beautiful Easter Sunday! What a wonderful Easter Saturday night! We had church at NewSpring last night. The message was one of the most powerful I have heard/seen since I started at NewSpring almost a year ago.

Although I have been a Christ follower most of my life, I am still overwhelmed at the price Jesus paid to redeem my sorry, sinful life so that I can be called a daughter of the Most High God. I am so glad the story never gets old for me. As I thought about all Jesus suffered, the death and punishment He accepted so I wouldn't have to be punished, I wept. Not tears of regret but tears of joy that God loves me so much that He would pay such a price for me. For me! Who am I that God should love me so?

And it's not just me He loves. God loved the WORLD and He gave His one and only Son, that ANYONE who believes in Him will have eternal life. John 3:14-17 Last night about 10 people in Greenville, gave their lives to Jesus. They are now the recipients of God's grace and God's love and part of my family. I don't know their names, but we will spend all eternity together in heaven. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment