Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bella

A week or so ago I wrote about my grandson Nathan. Now it's Bella's turn. She is so much like her daddy; I see Jeremy all over her. That can be good and bad...because Jeremy was a lot like me! Strong willed, determined, self centered are just a few of the characteristics I would use for Maria Arabella.

But she is also very loving, tender, and helpful. At 4 1/2 she is a dynamo. She loves her big brother and wants to do and like everything he does and likes. She is a study in contrasts - she will ride a skateboard in a ballerina skirt or practice wrestling moves in a dress. Such a tomboy in so many ways (because of Nathan's influence) but such a girlie girl in others (probably MeMaw's influence).

Sometimes she calls me Grandma Nancy, sometimes MeMaw (which is Holly's mom) and sometimes Grandmother. Doesn't really matter to me. When she walks up and looks at me with those big blue eyes and says, "I love you!" she could call me George for all I care.

She will start school this fall. I know she has the ability to do really well but has the personality to be in trouble all the time. She'll either be head of the class or in detention. I don't see any middle ground for her.

More than anything I really look forward to the day when she comes to know Jesus as her personal Savior. I hope I'm even a small part of the influence that leads her to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment