Monday, January 4, 2010

Daylight

I wish daylight equated to warmth. Today - well, actually the last several days - have been unusually cold for us. But the sun has been shining which is better than cold and rainy even if it doesn't give real warmth.

I was looking for something to be especially thankful for today because the father of one woman in the office is right at death's door. Another woman in the office quit today in the midst of a huge temper tantrum. I've been cold, or at least my hands have been cold, for days.

So it wasn't until I was leaving work that I found something to make me especially thankful. Daylight - at 5:50 PM. There has been no daylight for a while when I've left work in the evening. So today I have my very first indication that spring IS coming because there was still daylight when I walked out the door.

WooHoo!! Thank you Jesus! And I actually said that out loud when I walked out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment