Friday, January 22, 2010

The Presence of God

When Israel was being led out of Egypt, God was with them in a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day. I wonder how different my life would be if I had that view of God.

Even though I can't see the pillar of fire or the pillar of cloud, God is there with me just the same. He tells me His word is a lamp for my feet. He tells me He will never leave me or forsake me.

So why do I sometimes doubt Him? Why do I do or say things that if I REALLY thought about God seeing or hearing, I would be so ashamed? Why do I not recognize His presence with me all the time?

Lord God...I know You are with me at all times. Help me to live my life to reflect that. Give me the faith to know that You are in control. Give me the wisdom to remember Your presence before I say or do things that would be displeasing to You or not worthy of Your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment