Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday Was Amazing

Perry always amazes me. And Sunday was no exception. I like the fact that he said we will never play it safe as a church. Mostly American Christians think hardship is not agreeable with God's favor but over and over those who are following Jesus most closely and doing what He says are right in the midst of strife and trouble.

I liked his illustration that for many God is a snuggie and the church is a lounge chair. We prayed a prayer and now we just need to be comfortable. I pray that would never be me! I also pray that I WOULD apply what God teaches me from His Word. How many people do I know that have been to Bible study after Bible study but have never put feet or hands to anything God brings their way?

I also liked the fact that he says we won't be predictable. I actually like change and so unpredictable works well for me. But even those who don't like change will like changes that keep us from becoming boring or stagnant or same ol', same ol!

But the thing I liked most was Perry's commitment to finish strong. A leader who is following hard after God will bring his followers to amazing places where they can stand in awe of what God is doing. He promised to finish strong not only as the pastor of the church but as a husband and father. That's a commitment and testimony I need as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment