Saturday, January 2, 2010

Inside Job

Over this weekend as we start a new year and a new decade, I have been thinking about all the things I am thankful for. Not only have I been thinking about it, I've been trying to verbally thank God for His blessings in, on, through, around and for me.

The thing I am most thankful for today is that I have an "inside" job. The roofers came to my house today to put on my new roof. It was about 26 degrees when they got here this morning. Not only is it a brutally cold day, the wind is blowing. When you're on a roof there is no place to go to get away from it.

They finally had to give it up but will be back tomorrow after lunch to finish up. So today I am thankful that I get to work on the inside of a building with heat and air and water and bathrooms. But I am also thankful for these men who work in these hard conditions so I can have a better home.

No comments:

Post a Comment