Monday, January 11, 2010

My Funeral Plans

I went to a funeral on Sunday afternoon for the father of the general manager of my office. I hope my funeral is not like that! It was a nice service - just what one would expect but...

I sure do hope that MY funeral will be fun! I don't want a suit in sight...at least not on my best friends and church family. I expect that those who bother to come will come in their jeans and t-shirts and sneakers. And that includes whoever speaks. If it's Howard Frist - well, I've never seen him in a coat & tie and he better not be in one at my funeral.

I want lively music and singing and hand clapping and amening! I want people to CELEBRATE the fact that I am with Jesus and my family and that I will be waiting at the gate for them to show up and join the party.

I expect my family to miss me and to feel sad that they won't see me again for a while but...this earth is NOT my home and the thought of finally going home is just to glorious not to celebrate! I want my family to laugh and sing and remember the good times but most of all I want them to be ready to join me for all eternity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment