Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spending Time with God

Spending time with God really changes things. When God first spoke to Moses from the burning bush - telling him to go to Egypt to confront pharaoh - Moses had all sorts of excuses about why he couldn't go. One of those excuses was that he didn't speak well. So Aaron was appointed to be the spokesperson.

But by the time God gives the law to Moses, he doesn't have any problem speaking up. Moses doesn't hesitate to confront Aaron and all the Israelites with the terrible thing they have done in making a golden calf to worship. And he doesn't hesitate to go to God to intercede for them so God will not destroy the people because of this great sin.

I spoke to a woman last night who wants to learn how to pray. One thing I said to her was just do it...talk to God every day. Not just in formal bow your head, close your eyes prayer but in small conversations all day. She had never thought about speaking to God and telling him things in informal, conversational language through out her day.

The more I recognize God's hand in all the little aspects of my life and tell Him I'm so glad He does all that He does for me, I am building that relationship. As I spend more time with Him, He shares more of who He is with me. As in any relationship, it is a back and forth, give and take from both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment