Monday, September 14, 2009

God's Plan

I was watching Louie Giglio earlier on a live stream from the Passion Conference. He was speaking to college students but he spoke God's word directly into my heart.

He was speaking from Ephesians 1 about the riches and power and wisdom and revelation that God longs to give to me. Not so I can brag about all this stuff; not even to share it with others but so that I can know more about God.

I have the same power in me from the Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. This same Spirit wants to give me wisdom and revelation about God so that I can know God. God created me individually and knows me by name. God has a plan for me, even if I don't know what it is.

Even though I know this I really needed to hear it tonight. Especially the story he shared about Hannah who is a young woman serving in an African country, backpacking alone to share the gospel with people who have never heard of Jesus. She replied to Louie's blog that she would be watching the Passion conference and mentioned where she served. He replied that he wanted everyone to pray for her. Then, bam, her mother died unexpectedly and she is now on her way home for the funeral.

Louie said he doesn't presume to know why things happen when or how they do, but his and Hannah's lives intersected when they did because God knew she would need the 6,000-10,000 people watching to be praying for her. That just overwhelmed me with God's love and faithfulness and provision for my needs. He is always on my side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment