Monday, September 21, 2009

What Does the Lord Require

Micah 6:6-8 really speaks to my heart. What do I bring when I come before the Lord? Is it how large or important my gift is? Is it how great the sacrifice? Not at all.

What the Lord requires of me is to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly before Him. vs 8

How do I walk humbly? By recognizing that EVERYTHING I have is from Him; everything I am is because of His touch on my life. By accepting myself as uniquely made and gifted by God to be who I am; I don't need to try to be someone else. By acknowledging that He paid the price for my salvation. By not worrying about "stuff". By spending time alone with God. By being obedient to His commands. By recognizing the victory is already mine. Micah 7:8 reminds me of that victory and 7:18-19 of His love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment