Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Take Refuge in the Lord

Sometimes when things are not going well, I have a tendency to take refuge in books or solitude or chocolate chip cookies. At one time in my life that refuge was in a liquor bottle or sex. But God says we are to take refuge in Him.


"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge in Him." Nahum 1:7

Sometimes I forget that I am God's and that God is mine. He is my Father. He loves me more than I can possibly imagine. He wants only the very best for me. He gave His Son's life for my life. Why would I ever doubt Him? Why would I ever seek refuge any place else? Why would I go anywhere but to God when I have a problem of any size?

Often I think I can handle this, it's only a small issue. But that is where I go wrong. God wants to be involved in every aspect of my life - big or small. I have heard people say, I've tried everything so I guess it's time to pray. That is so wrong. The time to pray is before doing anything, before trying to solve anything.

God knows those who take refuge in Him. I want to be one of the people who go to God first with everything, not as a last resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment