Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spread the Gospel

On Sunday Perry began his new series on "How to Survive the End of the World".  One of the things he talked about was the spread of the Gospel to other lands. This "movement" began with 12 men who were faithful to preach what they knew and God began to increase the church in large numbers.

One of the things that is pretty obvious when I read Acts is that the Gospel was spread initially because of persecution. The Bible tells us in Acts 8:1 that when the persecution started the people were scattered BUT as they were scattered they were preaching the word.

If I am pushed out of my comfort zone, do I shut up or speak out? These men and women were running in fear of their lives. Their persecution meant death yet they spoke about Jesus everywhere they went. Am I willing to spread the Gospel within my sphere of influence? I willing to put the salvation of those I know above my personal comfort and feeling? Not always, I'm sorry to say, but with God's help that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment