Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday

Here it is a little after 7 in the morning and I have already put in a full day. I'm headed to the mountains for Labor Day weekend.

I'm really looking forward to this because I don't take many vacations for rest and relaxation. Just about every day off this past year has been busy. Last March I took off to volunteer for Unleash. Memorial Day and 4th of July were spent with friends but it was a large crowd which is never restful for me. My actual vacation was spent in Kenya working harder than I ever work at home.

But now...it's ME time. This annual trip to Lake Junaluska with some old friends is a time to just do nothing. I usually read a book or 2. Beth and I are the slobs on this trip. Sometimes on Saturday we don't take a shower or get dressed until lunch time. We just sit in a rocker and watch the mist rise off the lake as we drink our 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee.

So now, I have finished cleaning the house and packing and am about to go to work for half a day. Really looking forward to some genuine down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment