Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mornings

Not all mornings are welcome in my life. Sometimes I stay up too late or don't sleep well at night then, when it is time to get up, I dread it.

But I love mornings like today. My windows are up, the house is cool, the birds are singing that just before dawn concert. What a great time to be awake and taking a few minutes just to sit and listen. To think about the creative God who gave such different voices to the birds, who made the seasons that bring change not only to nature but to people...we think differently in different seasons.

Makes me really grateful that God has given me the ability to hear, to see, to smell, to taste, to feel and to appreciate His creation. Just how awesome is it that God made all this diversity, all this beauty, all this sound and then made man with the ability to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment