Monday, March 23, 2009

2 Chronicles 20-28

Verses that I marked:

Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. And Judah assembled to seek help from the Lord, from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord. 20:3-4

We do not know what to do but our eyes are on You. 20:12b God gives wisdom to know what to do if I will keep my eyes on Him and not my circumstance.

Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not your but God's. 20:15b Thank You, Lord, for fighting my battles for me!

Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be established, believe his prophets, and you will succeed. 20:20b

[Jehoshaphat] appointed those who were to sing to the Lord and praise Him in holy attire, as they went before the army, and say, "Give thanks to the Lord, for His steadfast love endures forever." And when they began to sing and praise, the Lord set an ambush against the men of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir so that they were routed. 20:21b-22a Who sends the choir into battle to walk BEFORE the soldiers? Maybe we should!

And [Jehoram] did what was evil in the sight of the Lord. Yet the Lord was not willing to destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that He had made with David, and since He had promised to give a lamp to him and to his sons forever. 21:6b-7 God is the only one who never breaks a promise!

...at the end of two years...[Jehoram] died in great agony. The people made no fire in his honor, like the fires made for his fathers. And he departed with no one's regret. 21:19b, 20b That to me is one of the saddest things I've read...he died with no one's regret.

But it was ordained by God...22:7a

Yet [God] sent prophets among them to bring them back to the Lord. These testified against them, but they would not pay attention. 24:19 How often do I not pay attention when God is speaking to me?

And [Amaziah] did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, yet not with a whole heart. 25:2 When do I do the right things but not with my whole heart. God alone looks at the heart. Lord, help me to love you, to follow you, to serve you with my whole heart.

For God has power to help or cast down. 25:8b

The Lord is able to give you much more than this. 25:9b Amaziah was concerned about losing money he had spent for an army when God said send them home. Amaziah obeyed, was victorious in battle and took much spoil. WAY more than the 100 talents of silver he was concerned about losing.

[Uzziah] set himself to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God, and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper. 26:5

God helped him...26:7a

But when he was strong, he grew proud, to his destruction. For he was unfaithful to the Lord his God. 26:16a Do I ever grow proud and fail to give God the recognition for his faithfulness and provision in my life?

For the Lord humbled Judah because of Ahaz king of Israel, for he had made Judah act sinfully and had been very unfaithful to the Lord. 28:19 How important the role of the leaders of our country to lead the people in the ways of God. Here the whole country was humbled because they followed the ways of a leader who "did not do right in the eyes of the Lord." How necessary it is that I pray for our president!

No comments:

Post a Comment