Thursday, March 5, 2009

Church Face

When I took the job I currently have about 15 months ago, a woman I work with said, "I'm meeting with someone I go to church with so I have to put my church face on". I was stunned to hear her say that.

As I have gotten to know her, I've found that it is true. She has a daily, regular "face" aka attitude, work ethic, etc. and a church "face". I thought about that today as I was talking to her...just some things she said brought the earlier remark to mind.

Made me wonder if I ever have 2 sides. I hope not. I pray that what you see is what you get; that I am consistent in my walk with Christ no matter who I am with or where I am. I want to be real, to never have to pretend to be someone or something I am not, to never try to impress people with my "goodness" or "churchyness". There are times when I say something that may not be nice and I have apologized for being curt with someone. But I hope that my integrity, my positive attitudes, my work ethic, my love for Jesus shine throughout my day and are visible to those around me. When I tell people I am a Christ follower, I don't want them to see a hypocrite but a person who walks the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment