Saturday, March 14, 2009

Unleash 09

It is now Saturday morning after Thursday spent at Unleash 09 at NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. I am finally beginning to feel that I have recouped physically from the experience. I don't want to recoup from the spiritual and emotional experience.

To say I was tired when I got home is the understatement of the year. I was up at 4:15 Thursday morning to be in Anderson (50 minute drive) by 6 a.m. Once there it was full steam ahead for the next 12 hours. I sat down 3 times during the day, once on a concrete floor, for a total of 30 - 45 minutes. The rest of the time I was walking or standing or talking to people and smiling - always smiling! Physically, it was a very hard day. I got home about 8:15 Thursday night after a drive through the country and stopping for supper.

Would I do it again? Absolutely!! There were about 3000 people at my church from all over the USA and the world (at least I know there were people there from the UK). I personally talked to people from New Hampshire, Virginia, Oklahoma, California, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Jersey and South Carolina. I talked to several church planters some with churches from 2 to 6 years old and one couple with a church launching in 2 weeks.

All these people had come to Anderson to hear my pastor, Perry Noble speak, and his staff lead breakout sessions to tell the attendees what God is doing in our area of His kingdom. Will they all agree with Perry and the things he said? No, but that is okay because Perry is always faithful to say what God lays on his heart without fear of man's liking it or not.

It was a WONDERFUL day for me as a volunteer. And I was smart enough to ask off for 2 days so I didn't have to go to work on Friday. Woo Hoo!! So now my old body and brain are just about back to normal. Of course, I have friends who would say they were never normal to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment